[Healeys] Brakes squeeling

Rick Swain rjswain at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 30 16:14:22 MDT 2013

Frank
Others have suggested replacing the pads with other material and/or trying
other shims. How about some anti-squeal spray on the back of the pads? That
has cured squealing for me on other cars. I once had a TR7 with a persistent
squeal and tried the other fixes without any success. Someone suggested
chamfering the leading edge of the pads and that finally cured the problem.
Are you sure the problem wasn't all the rain??
Good to meet you at Conclave.
Rick Swain'59 BN4
Back home in soggy Nova Scotia with carpets hanging in front of a fan and a
heater going full blast in the car to try to dry out the underlay

> > Hi Healey friends - just returned from Conclave, managed to scare many
> > Healey drivers and lots of Canadians, every touch of the brakes produced
> > long squeels. Had the sounds before, replaced the pads with ones
> > recommended, installed shims, nothing seems to work, Mike Salter had
> > rebuilt the calipers so I am sure they are fine. Suggestions?? Frank Yow
BT7