[Healeys] The 100 engine

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri Jun 21 10:07:55 MDT 2013

Others will provide good technical answers. Here's the psychological one:

Since the head will be in your hands, take it to a good machine shop and get hardened seats and Stellite (or similar) exhaust valves installed. If you don't, you'll always wonder if you should have; if you do, well, you won't.

Bob

ps. I had hardened seats installed in my BJ8 at rebuild about 100K miles ago. I check the rocker clearances every 10-15K miles or so and, near as I can tell, the gaps haven't changed.

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA