[Healeys] Semantic Battles over Silly Things

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Thu Jun 13 17:22:04 MDT 2013

Sorry Gary, but "how" you presented it was that others rushed to judgement using an obviously not credible internet source, but you had the answer--complete with THE only valid source----- I took it exactly as did Skip.  Then again, it is difficult to tell from e-mails---so, who knows.

Cheers
tom

---- editorgary at aol.com wrote:

It's journalists like us who despair of readers like you who don't read
carefully. Note that I made no claim of my credentials, scientific or
otherwise.
What I wrote was that "according to them [Road & Track], antifreeze doesn't
raise the boiling point."
Which is a reasonable interpretation, given that the definition noted that
antifreeze in coolant did lower the freezing point of the coolant.
G.