[Healeys] Antifreeze

Thomas Willig twillig at ruda.de
Wed Jun 12 03:20:24 MDT 2013

My advice-learned the hard way : Do not use distilled/demineralised water in
your cooling system.  This stuff is very aggressive and together with cast
iron creates the ideal climate for corrosion. I just had to flush my BN2
engine after running it for one year after a complete rebuild. I used a
mixture of antifreeze and demin water. You will not believe the amount of rust
that came out of this  engine after such a short time. I will now use tap
water  and normal antifreeze. That worked well in the "old" days and
everything else seems to me as "over-engineering".

Cheers

Thomas Willig

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----