[Healeys] Antifreeze

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Tue Jun 11 22:41:41 MDT 2013

If your cooling system is fully drained you'll need about 2.5 (US) gallons of coolant.  I pour a gallon of (undiluted)
Prestone in then add distilled water until full, then run up to temp and add more if necessary (or let the radiator
'bleed' any excess).  I've also been adding Water Wetter for years, but may stop doing that given recent negative info.
IMO, premixed is a rip-off--I carry water for emergencies.

I just drained my BJ8 after about 25K miles and the coolant was pristine.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net