[Healeys] Fuel (was: tuning and timing)

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Thu Jun 6 10:43:34 MDT 2013

re: "Your 91 octane in the US is PON? MON?"

Our octane rating is always (RON+MON)/2; i.e. the average of RON and MON. Our 91-octane has the same anti-detonation characteristics as Aussie 95-octane (guess Aussies like to use a bigger number--150mm sounds a lot longer than 6inches ;).

Never heard of PON, and a quick Google search turns up bupkis.

bs (more appropriate than Bob at this point)

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA