[Healeys] Rear drums 65 bj8

llennep at verizon.net llennep at verizon.net
Sat Jun 1 07:45:59 MDT 2013

If you do this I suggest you consider having them balanced as well.  Made a big difference on both my cars.

Keith

On 05/31/13, Greg Mandas wrote:

Team.

Any problems, issues, warnings, suggestions about turning the rear drums on a Early Phase II BJ8? Any recommendations for a shop in Southern Connecticut?

As I spin the rears while adjusting the brakes the drums drag for half a rotation and free up. Both sides. I'm guessing they need turning. (?)

I'm thinking this is why I can't get the E-Brake to engage with any authority. Since I can't adjust the rear shoes close enough and the E-Brake doesn't have "That" much travel, they barely engage with the handle straight up.

It would work if the thumb release had another tooth or two on which to grip.

Greg
Suggested annual donation $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums