[Healeys] EZ electric power steering

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Mon Jan 14 00:57:16 MST 2013

Alan,

I am not 100% sure but AFAIK the Opel Corsa power steering is pure
electric with its own ECU. It goes without saying that anything
(electro) hydraulic would be useless in a sensible power steering
conversion. I have seen the EZ power steering conversions, I vaguely
know the owner of the firm, and I have driven a TR6 equipped with
one.Very comfortable at parking speeds but not much feel at speed, a bit
like an American barge. Ideal if you get a bit older (arthritis etc) or
have some physical issues. Our youngsters would love it as well as even
the smallest cars have PS nowadays. My children are even complaining
about the heavy steering in my Jensen Healey, which in my opinion has
very acceptable steering, even with a smaller steering wheel.
Cheers,
Kees Oudesluijs