[Healeys] EZ electric power steering

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 16:53:54 MST 2013

Hi Kees -

Opel/Vauxhall power steering units you are talking about are
electro-hydraulic pumps.  They are only good to retrofit to cars that had
older mechanical style hydraulic pumps (as what I've fitted to my Jag Mk
IX), and a steering box or rack that is hydraulically assisted.  What Lin
is talking about is the modern pure electrical motor assist - it's a big
job because you aren't just redoing a bit of hydraulic plumbing, you are
also dealing with the shaft gearing and mounts, etc.  This type of
conversion should only be done as a complete kit from someone else who's
engineered the system.

Strangely enough, I think the only guy in the world that I know that does
this is in your neck of the woods:

http://www.ezpowersteering.nl/car/7/5/Austin-Healey.html

Best regards,

Alan