[Healeys] Tech Tip Article on Ring & Pinion installation?

F Ronald Rader f.ronald.rader at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 01:19:53 MST 2013

rear end gears
we're installed in my BJ8 and Nash Healey
buy Eric Gundren.
ron

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 9, 2013, at 10:22 PM, Larry Varley <varley at cosmos.net.au> wrote:

> Hi Ron, If you are using the Lempert gears, having just completed doing 2 of
these I can tell you that you only need to follow the instructions in the
Healey workshop manual. The tolerances were excellent and only took a little
adjustment of the pinion preload shims, which was expected with new bearings
etc. Backlash was spot on without adjustment of the spacers, and one of the 2
is now in a friends BJ8 and working fine. The one for my car will take a
little longer to see any use, lol
> Cheers
> Larry
> http://www.acmefluid.com.au/larry/
>
> On 10/01/2013 6:30 AM, Ron Mitchell wrote:
>> Does anyone have a copy of Don Lenschow's article titled "Installation of
new 3.55 gears into a Healey Differential".

>> It is listed on the North Texas AHC Web Site Tech Tips page but doesn't
come up when I click on the link.