[Healeys] Tech Tip Article on Ring & Pinion installation?

Larry Varley varley at cosmos.net.au
Wed Jan 9 23:22:31 MST 2013

Hi Ron, If you are using the Lempert gears, having just completed doing
2 of these I can tell you that you only need to follow the instructions
in the Healey workshop manual. The tolerances were excellent and only
took a little adjustment of the pinion preload shims, which was expected
with new bearings etc. Backlash was spot on without adjustment of the
spacers, and one of the 2 is now in a friends BJ8 and working fine. The
one for my car will take a little longer to see any use, lol
Cheers
Larry
http://www.acmefluid.com.au/larry/