[Healeys] Further to Safety Check

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 14 14:37:08 MST 2013

I'd like to compare the "effective" heights of the castellated nut, the nyloc nut and the thinner nyloc.  Normally the half-height nuts are used for joints that are loaded in shear, which the swivel is not.  The spring is trying to pull the kingpin out of the nut.  A shorter nut isn't going to have the same kind of strength as a full height nut.

Bob Haskell