[Healeys] New Year

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Tue Dec 31 20:00:44 MST 2013

G'day

It's close to 14 hours into 2014 in this part of the world.

Caroline and I were at our social best last night with just the two of us,
the dog and the duckling (new addition - don't ask) settled down for some
serious celebrations in front of the TV.

First it was an excellent 1948 British film called "My Brother Jonathan",
followed by one of the Agatha Christie derived "Marple" series called a 'A
Caribbean Mystery'. Set in the early 1950s on the island of St. Honore
everyone of course got their just desserts. However not long before we
discovered who done it, it's raining cats and dogs and the villain arrived
in a red AH 100. While the top was up there is no doubt the water was
getting inside. It's seen a few times over the next few scenes sitting in
the rain. Made the show for me!

Much better than the midnight fireworks.

Best wishes for 2014 to everyone.

Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, Australia