[Healeys] set screw

Earl Kagna kags at shaw.ca
Sat Dec 28 10:57:43 MST 2013

Gentlemen:

Below is a copy of my reply to Healeyman Jim a couple of days ago - should
have copied the List as well, but didn't:

Jim:

It's 4 - 40.  I had to find / make a new one for my glove box lock earlier
this year.  Hard to find - I wound up buying a small pack of 6 (I think) at
a hobby supply store -they were socket head, and I had to mess around with
it to get it right.  The original was probably 1/8" long, I ground mine down
so it would not protrude beyond the wall of the cylinder case and foul the
lock barrels rotation.  Picky crap, but it all worked well in the end.

It's possible that someone before me had modified the threads for the screw,
but I doubt it.  (I've owned the car for 33 years). The 4 - 40 screw worked
perfectly, so I assumed that it was the original thread size.

Michael, you might check your existing sample with a handy 4 - 40 screw and
settle the argument - I for one would like to know, since I wouldn't want to
have given Healeyman Jim a bum steer!

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BJ8, BT7 tri-carb