[Healeys] Jaguar caliper question for rear discs

richard mayor mayorrichard at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 18 18:42:56 MST 2013

Steve,

You have to split them in order to install them, whether it be on an XJ6 or
your BN6.  That is the reason there is an external brake line that connects
the two halves.  A little oil on the threads won't hurt but,  tighten them
exactly as you would any other 3/8th fine thread bolt. You will do no harm if
they are not torqued to any exact specification...... but, like any other
bolt, do not over-tighten them.  Do not use locktite....not necessary.....they
will never vibrate loose.

Richard

> From: steveg at abrazosdata.com
> To: healeys at autox.team.net
> Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 11:29:38 -0800
> Subject: [Healeys] Jaguar caliper question for rear discs
>
> Am overhauling my '85 Jag XJ6 calipers prior to installation on my BN6.
>
> The four 3/8" bolts holding them together don't have any lockwashers - does
it matter if they're torqued with oil; are they supposed to be locktited; or
do they have to be torqued dry?