[Healeys] FW: Sebring 3000s

Wilko2 e-wilkins at cox.net
Sun Dec 8 11:12:04 MST 2013

The UJB cars are well documented (and recapped by heritage and Geoff Healey
and Bill Woods) to have been "built" at Healey in Warwick.

Here are 54 FAC and %^ FAC in 1963 with no recesses for the lights:
ewilkins.com/wilko/healeys/54FAC_1963_Sebring.jpg

...and 54 FAC again with the shroud clearly showing a 1963 Sebring Healey with
no recess for the lights:

ewilkins.com/wilko/healeys/54_fac_no_lights.jpg

The  1964 Car (one) is seen in deail at this link and did have the lights
recessed into the shroud:
www.conceptcarz.com/view/photo/1146876,114/1964-Austin-Healey-3000-MK-III_pho
to.aspx#photo

On Dec 8, 2013, at 2:23 AM, J & L Armour wrote:

> Blokes
> A subject dear to me
>
> First of all what do we all mean by 'the works'?
>
> Jensen was the 'works' that Healeys were made at, less engine,gearbox and
> wheels (see the pics available on some magazines/books)
>
> MG Competition Dept later to become BMC Competition Dept. builder of
'works'
> rally cars
>
> MG Assembly line where the bits supplied by BMC that were missing when the
> assembled chassis and interior was delivered from Jensen ( six at a time on
> the back of a car transporter.)  Standard production car 'works'
>
> Rally Healeys were built at the BMC Comps Dept and owned by MG Car Co.
>
> Sebring UJB141, 142,143 and 144 were I think built at BMC Comps.
>
> The BJ.7 1963 and 1964 cars were built at the Donald Healey Motor Co
Warwick