[Healeys] Clutch Symptom

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Sun Dec 8 03:28:13 MST 2013

G'day

I have an odd symptom with a BJ8 clutch.

It appears to work perfectly when the air/car is cooler such as early
morning, but when it's warmer as it was this afternoon (an Australian
summer) it's sometimes difficult to engage or is notchy. At one stage this
afternoon it refused to engage at all and I could not select any gear. I
waited a minute or two and then it worked perfectly.

I suspect that it's a hydraulic and probably the slave cylinder, but there
does not appear to be any loss of fluid in the reservoir.

Any suggestions?

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Blue Mountains, Australia