[Healeys] Weber question

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Thu Dec 5 08:27:52 MST 2013

Speaking of Webers, is anyone using them on a street prepared 100,
successfully? By street prepared I mean under 10:1 compression, something
close to a "M" cam, perhaps a good exhaust header, etc.
Assuming well thought out engine design (I.E. not too radical for street use)
& well sorted out Webers Vs. SU's why would the Webers get lower fuel economy?
That would seem to indicate that they are not well sorted out.
While I am asking, what is a reasonable average MPG for a 100 as described
above with SU's when traveling on the two lane roads at about 60 MPH +/-?
Gary