[Healeys] Weber question

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Thu Dec 5 07:59:11 MST 2013

40mm side draft carbs with 35 mm chokes and short stacks should be fine
for a road car or rally car. It will give you more power in the higher
revolutions area, not so much low down torque. For 45's you would need
another cam and you cannot potter around on country lanes. Ultimately
they will give more power, but that will not be any good during day to
day driving. OK for racing. You also need to port and polish the head
and inlet manifold and reduce the back pressure of the exhaust (proper
spaghetti exhaust manifold and big bore exaust system).
Better to go for the DellOrto's, they are more stable than Webers. They
may be easier to get hold of second hand, Alfa, Fiat, Ford, Lotus.
A very good book about setting up your car with Webers or DellOrto's is:

How to build & power tune WEBER & DELLORTO DCOE & DHAL carburettors by
Des Hammill
ISBN 1-901295-64-8

These can easily be found at Ebay.co.ik or Amazon.com

The important thing is to choose the correct chokes and assortment of
jets and emulsion tubes, great fun. Best to use a rolling road, but that
can turn out to be very expensive.

The main advantage is "The looks".

Kees Oudesluijs

--
Kees Oudesluijs
Dorpsstraat 183
E: coudesluijs at chello.nl

Technische commissie Jensen Healey en GT
Het Jensen Genootschap Holland
www.jensenholland.nl