[Healeys] What color red was my BT7?

Jean Caron vintage_roadster_restoration at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 30 08:08:26 MDT 2013

Derek:

While I agree with you here, it appears not to be the case in the US where in
the last few years at least a couple of restorers who sell their cars at
acutions have easily found buyers at highly inflated prices. The latest being
at the most recent RM auction where two Austin-Healeys with metallic silver,
very close to the metal flake type of years past, the flavour of the day I
suppose, sold well above what, in my opinion they were worth. In addition they
had chromed everything that could possibly be chromed on these cars.

Jean

> From: derek.c.job at gmail.com
> Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 14:49:52 +0100
> To: ahbt71 at gmail.com
> CC: healeys at autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Healeys] What color red was my BT7?
>
> Mike
> Your car would have been Colorado red. The white will have been added
later,
> red and white was not a colour option. Personally I think it's best to
stick
> to the original colours. Not necessarily the original to your car though.
It's