[Healeys] High speed miss - CARBS?

Ron Mitchell healeyron at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 27 08:35:49 MDT 2013

When I bought my 62BN7 Tricarb I had a similar problem.  Once I accelerated to
3200 RPM it would miss fire and bog down.  I couldn't get it over 3200 RPM.  I
checked every conceivable component and still couldn't solve the problem.
Bill Bolton suggested I check all the Carb components against each other.  I
removed the carbs for the fourth time and laid out each component next to each
other  and found that   2 of the three Carbs had the same springs.  2 of the
three Carbs had the same needles.  But not the same two.  I changed the
springs and needles so that they all matched and the problem was gone.  Might
not be your problem but worth a look.

Ron Mitchell
BN6
BN7 MkII