[Healeys] High speed miss - more info

john spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 19 21:07:43 MDT 2013

At steady acceleration to 4000 PRM in 1st, 2nd, and then 3rd the car
runs smoothly. It runs smoothly in 4th too, although I can not quite
get it up to 4000 RPM. It misses and lacks power under harder
acceleration. The fuel filter is clean (but a small glass one), carbs
are rebuilt, and the fuel pump is rebuilt although I have not tested
the pressure. The gas tank is new and clean.

Original coil, but the distributor is rebuilt, good cap, new good
rotor, new good points, new gapped plugs.

Seems like fuel starvation and not timing.

Any thoughts?

John Spaur
'62 BT7