[Healeys] Bump stops

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri Aug 16 18:17:44 MDT 2013

Working from memory, but here's a suggestion:

Remove the one bolt you can get to, and loosen the other as much as possible.  Somehow--here's where the memory gets
fuzzy--cut a slot to the remaining bolt, with large snips or a cutoff wheel, etc.   Rotate the bumper as required to
remove.  Then, cut a similar slot in the new bumper and reverse the procedure.

If you can't cut the slot you'll probably have to remove the shock (note you can do that without removing the
springs--just be careful), and slot the new bumpers before installing so you can change them easily in the future.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net