[Healeys] oil pressure gauge problem

Roland Wilhelmy rwil at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 15 15:32:08 MDT 2013

All I can say is that I followed Chris' recipe (minus the ex-wife's
gift shirt) and it cured the needle vibration on our BJ7.

-Roland

On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 17:20:51 +0200, KO wrote:

::Air in the line is never the case of the vibration. There should not
::really be much oil in the line if at all or any oil in the gauge. The
::air in the line works as a damper, there should also be a kind of
::restrictor in the gauge, often this looks like a metallic filter, just
::visible or it could be a very small hole. It may be that there is a
::small leak near the gauge causing the whole line to fill up with oil.
::Loosen up the nuts at the  gauge and the engine end, let the oil drain
::away and retighten. This will usually cure the vibration of the oil
::pressure needle.
::Kees Oudesluijs