[Healeys] oil pressure gauge problem

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 07:29:21 MDT 2013

Air in the line....
Mitch. Easy job.
With the motor running, warm idle, a good light, a good clean rag, wearing an
old shirt (or one your ex wife bought you that you hated anyway), wearing
glasses/ googles just in case, and holding a spanner that fits the oil line
feed nut behind the guage, carefully crack the oil line feed nut, rag at the
ready.... Do not remove the spanner from the nut...
When you feel warm engine oil flowing down your arm (the one holding the
spanner), and/ or you feel the burping of air has finished, re tighten the
nut.
If appropriate, send the shirt back to the ex. Otherwise, you now have a
smooth moving guage, AND a new workshop bench cloth (depending on your wrench
finesse, and your warm oil down the arm reaction time....)
Took me 3 goes to actually ruin that damn shirt....
;-)
Best
Chris
www.myaustinhealey.com

Sent from my iPhone

On 15/08/2013, at 11:01 PM, caddi5 at comcast.net wrote:

> Hello,
>

> well the BJ8 runs very good.........everything works............but last
night when I arrived home..........I noticed the oil pressure needle was very
erratic  (moving very fast ...back and forth)  any ideas what's the problem??