[Healeys] BJ8 radiator cap issue

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 1 04:41:56 MDT 2013

Gary,

I take it that David Nock confirmed offline that the GTS1 thermostat
(shielded wax capsule) he sells opens at 160 degrees.  Could one make a
180 deg version using a non-sleeved 180 degree thermostat with the
bypass blanking sleeve (Moss #434-135, BMC 11G176)?  I don't know if the
groove in the cylinder head is deep enough for both, but there might be.
  There's suppose to be a gasket under the the thermostat - (which I
hadn't realized until recently) that might be left out.

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 Mk I registrar
http://www.ciahc.org/registry_3000mk1.php