[Healeys] [Shop-talk] Need a new multimeter

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed Oct 31 06:51:20 MDT 2012

On a side note, some automotive diagnostics--checking generator operation, for instance--require the use of
'old-fashioned' moving coil voltmeters.  As far as I can tell, the cheapos from HF work fine (don't know where you could
even get a high-quality moving coil VM--eBay, maybe).

Bought a DVM from Radio Shack when I was in school almost 35 years ago.  It cost $80--a princely sum for a poor college
student--but it helped me learn enough electronics to get my first job after graduation.  Still have it, and it still
works (a good Fluke, at the time, would have been a couple hundred $ or more).

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net