[Healeys] Radiator recoring

john spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 16 22:33:19 MDT 2012

I plan on converting to 4 rows. The bottom of my BT7 core fit the
core the radiator shop ordered but the side rails did not. The shop
had partially assembled it to the bottom and the side rails. However,
they had beaten the outer edge of the rails flat to fit the new core
without telling me. I had them take everything apart and then had the
side rails modified by welding a leg to the edge of the one that was
beaten flat and finished it to look right. I also made sure there
would 2-13/16" clear between the rail sides. That is what would fit
the new core side plates which I believe are about 2-5/8" wide. BTW,
if you modify the side rails make sure you keep the same distance
from the fan to the face of the core as you have before making the
modifications.

My radiator is still in progress and is not assembled. However, the
radiator shop called me the other day to let me know it was done and
I could pick it up. I felt strange telling them that 5 of the 6 parts
they needed to assemble it, were in my garage. True story!

John