[Healeys] Reference on early Bn1 Ice Blue(non metallic)

Derek Job derek.c.job at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 01:55:22 MDT 2012

Massimilao.

The official colour was called Healey Blue. If you write to the BMC
Heritage Museum in the UK they will provide you with the car's heritage
certificate which will say the car was Healey Blue. The log book was issued
by the Government and they did not always use the exact names of the makers
colours. Healey Blue was often referred to as Ice Blue in the UK and thats
probably why it appears on the log book.

It's unfortuante that Government authorities have nothing better to do than
waste people's time with unimportant details such as what colour a car was
60 years ago!

I would have hoped that the Italian Government should accept ice blue as
that is what is written on the log book which is the officilal registration
document in the UK. You might complicate matters by getting a certificate
which says Healey Blue.

good luck

Derek