[Healeys] special socket?

john spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 10 19:03:58 MDT 2012

Rich,

I am not sure if a BT7 shock mount is the same as a BJ8. If it is:

I have 9/16" bolt and nut heads. The nut is facing the differential
and I use a standard socket. On the nut side, which is against the
shock body I use a flat bladed screw driver that I put against the
flat of the nut and wedged against the shock body. This prevents the
bolt from turning. It helps to have new nuts and bolts without any
damage as they will tighten up with less force.

BTW, if you want to use an Allen wrench you can get Allen head bolts.

John Spaur