[Healeys] Speedograph air filter wanted, plus SU filter rehab instructions

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Mon Oct 8 07:24:59 MDT 2012

I did not pry out the mesh. The back plate (the part the mounts on the carb)
has a flange that is bent over & captures a flange on the front part of the
air cleaner. The flange on the back plate was carefully opened up so that the
two halves could be separated. I.E. The reverse of the original assembly
procedure. Several more modifications resulted in an air cleaner that has the
appearance of the original Coopers, but can easily be opened & the K&N filter
media can be cleaned & oiled. The whole procedure is difficult for me to
describe but there is an article on it complete with photos in the the July
2011 issue of the Healey Marque.
Gary Hodson