[Healeys] Sequence for setting BN1 valve rockers

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Oct 6 19:25:44 MDT 2012

Firing order is 1,3,4,2; you can set both valves for each cylinder in that order if you're sure the tappets are off the lobe (both valves closed). This will require 180deg of crank turn for each cylinder (requires two full turns of crank)

Or, use the 'rule of 9:' if valve# 1 is at rock--i.e. valve is wide open--subtract 1 from 9 and set clearance on #8 valve, when valve# 2 is at rock set valve# 7, ... (requires two full turns of crank).

Both ways work fine, I think rule of 9 is a little easier to be sure valve you're setting is completely closed.

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA