[Healeys] Shocks

Peter Caldwell peter at nosimport.com
Thu Oct 4 13:03:54 MDT 2012

Using the newer MGB bodies with the top mounted "turret" has some of
this feature, though the turret isn't full of oil, but rather enables
the hot oil expansion oil room, rather than seeping out of the
seals.  It doesn't aid with cooling, though.
    The add-on reservoir, as you described, is  and was outlawed by
some racing organizations.

A modern solution is to use a synthetic oil that can get much hotter
without expanding or foaming. We recommend Redline's Heavy Suspension
Fluid.  We are finding that long road racers have more shock-ness
left after an hour than with conventional fluids.
         Peter C.
=====