[Healeys] Shocks

Patrick and Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Wed Oct 3 20:45:52 MDT 2012

G'day

The Armstrong shocks fitted to the Rally cars in period were modified.

It had been found that in rough terrain the front shocks would be working so
hard that they would overheat causing the oily to come close to boiling and
then leak out.

Ever ingenious, the Works mechanics fitted each front shock with its own
separate oil reservoir that was really a converted brake fluid container.
These were positioned above the shock with a pipe leading downwards so that
the shock would always be full of shock oil.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia