[Healeys] Coolent leak-------new twist-----another observation

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sat Nov 24 11:06:16 MST 2012

I've taken my radiator out enough times now that I can do it in about 10
minutes not counting draining time.  Access for removing the bottom hose is
made easier by removing the four lower rad fasteners, loosing the top two,
and swinging the bottom of the rad forward.  I use a screw-type clamp on the
bottom hose and make sure the screw is oriented so that I can get a
screwdriver on it from below.  To prevent the hose from sticking to the
radiator neck, I smear anti-seize on the inside of the hose.
Be careful when removing the rad not to allow the corners of the wind
deflector to gouge the fins.  I have made a protector from a couple pieces
of scrap aluminum sheet, and slip those into the lower corners of the rad
before removing or installing it.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry