[Healeys] Coolent leak-------new twist-----another observation

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Fri Nov 23 09:50:54 MST 2012

This car is VERY frequently driven---and at least 3 times a week-----usually a 75 to 100 mile round trip when driven.  The last long ride was when I discivered the leak---and--it was after that drive that I replaced all the gaskets.

I have now concluded that is is the WP since the last time I did observe coolent coming from the bottom opening of the pump----------also---another piece of info---the leak didn't start right after starting the engine--it would start about 5 of 10 minutes after being started and getting a little temp/prfessure.

Dag
tom

---- Oudesluys <coudesluijs at chello.nl> wrote:

=============
Tom,
How long did the engine not run before you observed the leak.
If an engine has not been run for a considerable time some corrosion may
develop on the sealing surface. This will cause some initial leaking
that usually disappears after some driving. The same with a new water
pump, which is likely to leak a bit until the mating surfaces have
bedded in.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

.net