[Healeys] Knock off grease

Steve Gerow steveg at abrazosdata.com
Mon Nov 19 12:17:48 MST 2012

I've been using Sta-Lube moly wheel bearing grease on both the splines and
the knockoffs. My knockoffs stick but the splines are fine.

>From this discussion, it sounds like the anti-sieze on the knockoff and keep
the wheel bearing grease on the splines.

Will give that a try and report back later.

BTW - to avoid the stains, remove the top from a Coke or Pepsi can and stick
it over the splines.

Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 07:18:17 -0800
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell at comcast.net
<https://mbox.hoster902.com/compose.php?to=bspidell@comcast.net> >
To: BJ8 Healeys <sbyers at ec.rr.com
<https://mbox.hoster902.com/compose.php?to=sbyers@ec.rr.com> >
Cc: healeys at autox.team.net
<https://mbox.hoster902.com/compose.php?to=healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Knock off grease

I use the same ol' moly grease I use for king pins, propshaft, etc.

Used to use anti-seize, but decided it didn't provide sufficient friction
reduction (the splines do rub, and need a good
grease). Also, had too many shirts and pants with permanent, circular grease
stains (anti-seize doesn't come out in the
wash).

Hint: if you do use an anti-seize, or even a 'regular' grease, spin the
knockoffs onto the hub whilst you work around
them--the clothes you save may be your own.

Bob

--

Steve Gerow