[Healeys] Cam and crank gear timing update

richard mayor mayorrichard at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 11 19:29:15 MST 2012

When the valves in a cylinder are "on the rock" -- that means they are
"rocking". One valve is closing and the other is opening at the same time. You
can see the movement. When you see one starting to open and the other starting
to close  - at the same time, they are rocking,  as when you rock the engine
back and forth. And then you now know that the opposite cylinder is at TDC on
it's compression stroke.
You can also use this method to adjust the valves by following the firing
order and doing it when it's opposite cylinder in "on the rock".
Richard Mayor, BN7-466, Vintage Racer,  Portland, Oregon