[Healeys] Distributor

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Fri Nov 9 02:38:04 MST 2012

Unless you are absolutely sure the distributor has never been tampered
with, rebuild or modified, you cannot go by the numbers. All 25D
distributors bodies were the same with variations in advance springs,
weights, advance /retard vacuum system, 4 or 6 cilinder top shaft plus
some variations in the drive system, off-set dog, gear etc.
When rebuilding distributors one takes an empty undamaged body, with any
numbers stamped on it, and build it up according the needs for the
specific vehicle with the specified parts. Some re-builders may mark the
body as modified/rebuilt for a specific application, but most probably
will not. In the past I have rebuild many distributor this way and I
must admit I never marked the bodies to be identified in the far future.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL