[Healeys] Non Healey Related -Mosquito Flies Again

Mark Donaldson ardmorebusiness at xtra.co.nz
Thu Nov 1 19:14:06 MDT 2012

Hi Graeme,

It was ex-pat Kiwi, Mike Salter, who posted the link. Mike is
ex-RNZAF, so I bet he's enjoying this.  Here is the TVNZ News link he
posted.

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/warbird-flies-again-video-5108120

I hope Listers won't mind me adding a bit more.  Most cars nuts I know
just love vintage aircraft too. And some of us have worked in
aviation.

I live just a mile from the Ardmore aerodrome, which is the busiest in
NZ and also the home of the NZ Warbirds.  I saw KA114 being rebuilt.
I was lucky enough to be on the airfield when she returned from a
shake-down flight back from Auckland International Airport on Friday
28th September.  She touched down right in front of me, preceded a few
minutes earlier by owner Gerry Yagen in his private jet.

Returned from AIA to Ardmore, Friday 28th Sept.

In the following video clip I am in the group of spectators at 1:42.
The jet at 2:12 is Gerry Yagen.   Note the Mosquito bears his personal
registration EGY.

http://www.youtube..com/watch?v=YEyDlgJYIF8

The big celebration on Saturday, 29th Sept.

Spitfire, Mossie, Kittihawk and Mustang.  All Ardmore residents.

There are two more Mosquito restorations under way.  KA114 is just the
first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_804090
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_804090&feature=
iv&src_vid=YEyDlgJYIF8&v=kUU7hBGy0lk>
&feature=iv&src_vid=YEyDlgJYIF8&v=kUU7hBGy0lk

Crank up the volume and enjoy!

Cheers

Mark

Ardmore