[Healeys] Temp Gauge

Richard Kahn tahoehealey at hotmail.com
Sun May 27 08:22:18 MDT 2012

You should check the temp with an infrared gun (Harbor Freight for 30 or so
bucks). Aim at the thermostat housing. Then if you still feel it is off,
remove the sensor and see if there is crud around it. I cannot think of
anything that would cause the needle to have moved. If you don't want to get
an infrared, I can bring one at the next Healey event we both attend. Let me
know where you are headed and I'll let you know if I'm going.
Rich Kahn
So. Lake Tahoe

> Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 13:23:03 +0000
> From: bspidell at comcast.net
> To: healeys at autox.team.net
> Subject: [Healeys] Temp Gauge
>
> My temp gauge has lost calibration; it indicates 160deg when it should read
180 (I tried a different thermostat with no change). Otherwise, it seems to be
working (but reading 20deg low).