[Healeys] "100-M" for sale

Randy Hicks Healey100M at gmail.com
Sat May 19 21:11:42 MDT 2012

Ok. I guess I have to jump in on this. "Are they better?"

Yes, they are better. Roughly 25% more horsepower, heavier sway bar resulting
in better handling. the 4 speed is much more pleasant to drive than the BN1,
and the louvered hood w/strap make them a standout in any crowd. Sure there
may have been some marketing ploy by Donald Healey with the 100 M but
regardless, it produced a faster, better driving car. Give him credit.

May be why so many re-productions are built today!

Now, take into account production numbers. 640 BN2 !00 M's built, maybe
175-185 still exist today. BN1 & BN2 production was roughly 14,000, and maybe
3500+ (Rich ?) are still known to exist. Supply & Demand. When these fewer
items perform better & look better, they are going to bring significantly more
money. Add to that the prominence of being built at the Healey Racing Factory!
:-)

To those of you have said that the 100 M should, or has, held a premium of 20%
-30% over a standard car, I'd ask, if you actually owned a 100M & wanted to
sell, would you price it within that range 20-30% range or what the market is
now paying for 100 M's?

So, If in the 20-30% range, I have cash!!!!

BTW, I have the 2 - 100 M's because they are the most fun to drive around the
back country roads where iI live. The BJ8 is for cross country tours.
Different cars for different purposes.  (Not sure why I have the BN7
tri-carb!)  :-)

Randy

Randy Hicks
www.austinhealey100m.com
'56 100 M  White/Black
'56 100 M  Florida Green/OEW
'55 BN1 (Sold)
'62 BN7 MkII with factory hardtop
'65 BJ8
'53 MGTD
Healey100M at gmail.com

On May 16, 2012, at 3:02 PM, <Josef.Eckert at t-systems.com>
<Josef.Eckert at t-systems.com> wrote:

> Hi Derek,
> There is nothing special about 100Ms. Its like Alpina BMWs or AMG
Mercedes`s.