[Healeys] Replacement Steering Wheel Boss - Fit

Dave Murphy roadwarriordave at hotmail.com
Fri May 18 10:20:23 MDT 2012

Hi Charlie,
I too just purchased a new hub adapter for an adjustable wheel (and Moto-Lita
14" wood wheel) from Moss. Parts arrived Monday.

I have not yet tried to install these in my 1966 BJ8 which currently has the
standard 16.5" plastic wheel.
I probably won't get to them until next week at the earliest and probably not
until after Conclave.

I was surprized to see the 2 main adapter components were in a black anodized
finish (- the last ones I saw were brightly plated!) and stamped "made in
China".  Were yours the same as mine?

Please copy me on anything you find out about your problem and I will keep you
posted as well on my progress.
Will I see you at Conclave?

Dave Murphy
Dearborn MI

> Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 20:24:51 -0500
> From: cvaselaar at earthlink.net
> To: healeys at autox.team.net
> Subject: [Healeys] Replacement Steering Wheel Boss - Fit
>
> I recently purchased a steering wheel boss from Moss for mounting my new
Moto-Lita steering wheel in my '66 BJ8..

> It fits OK except for a noticeable gap (1/8") between the turn signal / horn
assembly and the steering wheel trim ring. When secured by the three grub
screws, I can see that the signal / horn assembly is fully seated on the
machined mounting surface inside the boss.

> Has anyone else had a similar problem when installing a new steering wheel?
What was your solution?