[Healeys] Replacement Steering Wheel Boss - Fit

Charlie Vaselaar cvaselaar at earthlink.net
Tue May 15 19:24:51 MDT 2012

I recently purchased a steering wheel boss from Moss for mounting my new Moto-Lita steering wheel in my '66 BJ8..

It fits OK except for a noticeable gap (1/8") between the turn signal / horn assembly and the steering wheel trim ring.  When secured by the three grub screws, I can see that the signal / horn assembly is fully seated on the machined mounting surface inside the boss.

Has anyone else had a similar problem when installing a new steering wheel?  What was your solution?

Thanks,

Charlie Vaselaar
1966 BJ8
Houston, TX