[Healeys] Flame Arrestor for BN4 Vacuum Line?

Andrew Thorp bce257 at yahoo.co.nz
Fri Mar 30 19:13:39 MDT 2012

I have a couple of these if you want one. They just solder into the copper vac
line.

I'd also be interested in what the chassis number break point was as
they seem to have been deleted fairly early and the 1957 cars didn't have
them. Pretty sure 40559 April 57 didn't have one.

Andy.

--- On Sat, 31/3/12,

<derek.c.job at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Healeys] Flame Arrestor for BN4 Vacuum
Line?
healeys at autox.team.net
> Rich,
>
> The flame arrester did not have a separate part number, the
> part number
was
> for the whole copper line, which included the arrester.
>
> Derek
> On
Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 1:53 PM, Rich Chrysler

<richchrysler at quickclic.net>wrote:

> > Hello all,
> >

> > I'm in
the process of building a very early Longbridge
> BN4, in fact it's

consecutive Body number 326, built 25 October, 1956.

> > There
were a lot of pieces missing from this car when I
> found it so I've
> > been
hunting down many of the missing parts. I have
> been lead to believe
> > that
the early cars were fitted with a small "flame
> arrestor", a bulb
> > shaped
> > piece in the vacuum line between inlet manifold and
> distributor vacuum
>
> unit.
> > To see what this unit looks like, refer to Moss MGA
> listings
Part Number
> > 163-620.
> >
> > I cannot find any record of this item in even
the
> earliest BN4 Spare parts
> > book, nor any mention of it in any of the
workshop
> manuals.
> >

> > Does anybody else have positive confirmed
knowledge
> that this flame
> > arrestor
> > fitting should be there?