[Healeys] spark plugs

Rick Swain rjswain at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 26 09:47:35 MDT 2012

For me it was just the opposite. I had a Laverda 3C (1000cc triple) and had
just installed a programmable ignition. At the same time, I installed new NGK
plugs. Bike wouldn't start - no spark. I figured it was the new igition. I
tried replacing the ignition components one at a time (pickup, black box) with
no success. I was going nuts because the parts supplier was on the other side
of the country. Finally I replaced one spark plug with an old one - the bike
ran on one cylinder. Replaced a second - it ran on two cylinders. Replaced the
third - it now ran perfectly. Three new NGK plugs - three duff ones.The old
Champions worked fine. I have used Champions ever since and have avoided NGKs.
So it goes.
Rick www.classicmotorart.cafull-colour drawings of your vehicle