[Healeys] Break in procedure

Austin Healey pajtamuvek at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 00:26:00 MDT 2012

My running-in method

- mineral oil with high ZDDP content, 1500-2000 15 minutes - at first
checking ignition and mixture.
- oil and filter change
- I set a highish idle (1000-1200)- car put on the road with new mineral
oil. At first I do 10-15 accelerations with 1/2-3/4 throttle in 4th from
2000-4500. After it I drive the car normaly for 500kms, avoiding low revs
if possible, and never load the engine while it is under 1500. At the end
of the 500kms, oil and filter change.
- I also use assembly lube.

Theese things came from talking with some experienced engine builders. They
seem to work.

Gergo