[Healeys] Break in procedure

Larry Varley varley at cosmos.net.au
Fri Jun 29 16:25:47 MDT 2012

Hi Bob, Camshaft suppliers are telling people this these days, I have no
idea where it comes from or what engineering practice it is supposed to
represent, but there is no way I would be running a fresh engine with no
load at over 2000 revs for 20 minutes. I fail to see what it will do for
the camshaft, and hate to think what it is doing the the bores and
rings. I have never done it, and never had a problem with cam lobes on
race or road engines. Hope the 100M is progressing well.
That's  another 2 cents worth :)
Cheers
Larry