[Healeys] Break in procedure

HealeyRick healeyrick at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 29 16:21:51 MDT 2012

Larry,

I don't think your procedure addresses the need for cam and lifter break-in,
Most cam manufacturers recommend running at 3000 rpm at start-up and varying
engine speed for about 1/2 hour.  I'd also want a ZDDP rich oil or additive in
there as well.  Here's Crane's recommendations
http://cranecams.com/uploads/breakin/548e.pdf

Rick

Follow My Nasty Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo