[Healeys] 100-4 BN2 vs BN7 3000?

ATIGHTPROD at aol.com ATIGHTPROD at aol.com
Sat Jun 23 17:52:21 MDT 2012

Tough call as it's all a matter of personal preferences, but having owned
two 3000 Mark I's and a BJ8 and now a BN1, I really prefer my BN1. And I've
been  told, the BN2's drive better than the 1. So my vote would be to go for
it. I  find mine much more nimble and going down the freeway, I cruise nice
and smooth,  straight and have no problem keeping up with traffic even with
the 3 speed.
    I like all of the big Healey's but my BN1 puts a  real smile on my
face, not that the others didn't, it's just a different  experience, especially
with the windshield down!
Steven Kingsbury
BN1 #598

Hi all,
I  came across a beautifully restored BN2 upgraded with the M kit. It is  in
another city. I have seen it over the years but I have not driven  it.

Can anyone tell me how they drive compared to a BN7? I heard they  are
rough to
drive but that was from someone that drives a BJ8. My BN7 is  brutally fun
drive. It is hot and kinda bumpy but hell that's what I  like!

Any insight on BN2s? Do they have much grunt? Can they cruise the
interstates?
I would drive it. I can't stop thinking about the car. I would  have to sell
many toys to finance but I'd have more garage  space.

Cheers,

Scott Willis
Mashed 60 BN7 AH Club  USA
59 MGA